YES BANK, India’s fifth largest private sector Bank, announced their Q1FY17 results on the 27th of July 2016. Patrons, investors and likely investors will be pleased to read the key highlights from their financial results. DCW India also brings to you some of their major awards, credit rating profile and initiatives to help you make your financial decisions with YES Bank.
The Bank continues to witness a robust CASA growth with the CASA ratio improving to a healthy 29.6% from 23.4% a year ago demonstrating significant momentum in the underlying Retail franchise platforms, as well as ongoing mandate in several corporate relationship groups. Further, YES BANK has received an in-principle approval from the Securities & Exchange Board of India (SEBI) to setup an Asset Management Company (AMC) which will further deepen our value proposition for our retail customers.
Key Profit & Loss (P&L) Statement Highlights
- Net Profit of INR 8 Crores in Q1FY17; y-o-y growth of 32.8%
- Total Net Income of INR 2,217.1 Crores in Q1FY17 y-o-y growth of 1%
- Net Interest Income of INR 1,316.6 Crores for Q1FY17; y-o-y growth of 2% on back of growth in Advances & CASA. NIM expanded to 3.4% in Q1FY17 from 3.3% a year ago
- RoA stands at 7%, RoE at 20.7% for Q1FY17
- Book Value at INR2 per share as on June 30, 2016
Key Balance Sheet Highlights
- Y-o-Y growth in CASA of0%; CASA Ratio improves to 29.6% from 23.4% a year ago, 6.2% improvement in one year. SA deposits posted robust growth of 81.6% y-o-y
- CASA+Retail FDs as % of Total Deposits stands at a healthy 3% as at June 30, 2016
- Advances grew by 0% y-o-y to INR 1,05,942.0 Crores as at June 30, 2016
- Total Capital Adequacy as per Basel III is robust at 5% with Tier I ratio at 10.3% (including profits and excluding prorated dividend)
Total Capital Funds at INR 22,394.3 Crores as of June 30, 2016
Key Asset Quality Highlights
- Credit Costs at 15 bps for Q1FY17
- Gross Non Performing Advances (GNPA) at 79% and Net Non Performing Advances stable at (NNPA) at 0.29% as at June 30, 2016
- Provision Coverage Ratio (PCR) stands at 2% as at June 30, 2016
- Standard Restructured Advances as a proportion of Gross Advances at 49% (INR 522.9 Crores) as at June 30, 2016, down from 0.71% (INR 567.1 Crores) as at June 30, 2015. No additional restructuring done during the quarter
- Security Receipts (SRs) stand at 19% (INR 199.4 Crores) of Gross Advances as at June 30, 2016. There has been no sale to ARCs during the quarter
- Standard SDR Advances at03% (INR 34.3 Crores) of Gross Advances as at June 30, 2016 from single SDR account undertaken during the quarter
Nil 5:25 refinancing during Q1FY17
YES Bank Performance Highlights
Shareholders’ Returns: The Bank delivered RoA of 1.7% and RoE of 20.7% for Q1FY17.
Net Interest Income (NII): NII for Q1FY17 increased by 24.2% y-o-y to INR 1,316.6 Crores on account of strong growth in advances and CASA deposits. Net interest Margin (NIM) at 3.4% for Q1FY17 up from 3.3% for Q1FY16.
Non Interest Income: Non Interest Income increased by 65.2% y-o-y to INR 900.5 Crores in Q1FY17.
Total Net Income: Total Net Income increased by 38.1% y-o-y to INR 2,217.1 Crores in Q1FY17.
Operating and Net profit: Operating profit for Q1FY17 increased by 43.9% y-o-y to INR 1,306.8 Crores. Net Profit in Q1FY17 was up 32.8% y-o-y to INR 731.8 Crores.
YES Bank Credit Rating Profile
- Bank continues to maintain strong credit ratings across International and Domestic Rating agencies.
- Moody’s has reaffirmed Long-term international rating of Baa3 which is in line with the Sovereign Rating of India.
- Domestic Rating agencies (ICRA & CARE) have Long-Term rating of AA+ for the Bank’s Basel III compliant Tier II instruments as well as for Infrastructure Bonds.
- According to the recent ranking by The Financial Brand publication, YES BANK is ranked amongst the Top 5 Global Bank Brands on Social Media.
- As per the same report, YES BANK is the Highest followed Global Bank Brand on Twitter with over 1 million followers, and also the Fastest Growing Global Bank Brand on Facebook with more than 3.5 million Page Likes.
- YES BANK is also the Highest Followed Bank Brand on Instagram in India with over 2 lakh followers.
YES BANK is the 1st Bank in India to launch ‘Facebook at Work’ to its workforce & have achieved 100% registration across over 16,000 employees.
YES Bank continues investing significantly in new-age mediums and digital technologies to achieve a heightened customer engagement and experience. Some of the Bank’s key digital initiatives revolutionizing payments ecosphere are as follows:
- YES Money program: One of the largest Domestic Remittance program encompassing over 5.1 million customers with a cumulative transaction throughput of INR 13,000 Crores.
- Over 4 million YES Bank co-branded Virtual prepaid Cards issued on the MasterCard platform since launch in January 2016, the ‘largest virtual prepaid card’ program in the world.
- Over 34 million YES Bank powered Freecharge Wallets issued since launch in September 2015.
- Launched ‘QR Code’ based Proximity Payments in collaboration with Click & Pay.
Expansion & Knowledge Initiatives
- Total headcount stands at 16,421 as at June 30, 2016, an increase of 1,421 employees in the quarter and 4,878 incremental employees since June 30. 2015.
- The Bank’s branch network stood at 900 branches as on June 30, 2016, an addition of 40 branches in the quarter. Total ATM network stands at 1,680 as on June 30, 2016, of which 428 are Bunch Note Acceptors (BNA)/Recyclers.
- YES BANK has received RBI approval post approval from the CCEA (Govt. of India) to raise its Foreign Investment Limit to 74%. This has made YES BANK the FIRST Bank in India to have an operational fully fungible composite foreign ownership limit of 74%
- YES BANK has received an in-principle approval from the Securities & Exchange Board of India (SEBI) to sponsor a Mutual Fund and to setup an Asset Management Company (AMC), and a Trustee Company. The AMC and the Trust Company shall be set up as wholly owned subsidiaries of YES BANK Limited. This is further to the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) approval for AMC granted to YES BANK in October 2015
- YES BANK has announced commitment of INR 250 Crores towards two key focus areas of livelihood and water security, and environment sustainability by 2020 through its focused and intensified CSR and Sustainability action.
- YES BANK has pledged GBP 1 Millionto the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) to support the IG Patel Chair– named in honour of the former Governor of the Reserve Bank of India and former Director of LSE. The funding from YES BANK will also support the work of the LSE India Observatory, which was established in 2007 to continue to develop and enhance research and programmes related to India’s economy, politics and society with a specific focus on Climate Change and Sustainability.
Awards & Recognitions
- YES Bank has been adjudged as Asia’s Best Bank for Corporate Social Responsibility at the Euromoney Excellence Awards 2016 held in Hong Kong.
- YES BANK won 2 awards at The Asset Triple A Asia Infrastructure Awards 2016, Hong Kong:
- Best Energy/Renewable Energy Deal – Solar, India for Porbandar Solar Power ` 126 Crores non-convertible debentures, in which YES BANK acted as sole underwriter.
- Best Green Bond Facility within highly commended category in India, for IFC’s ` 315 Crores green infrastructure bonds on the back of YES BANK’s domestic green bond issuance
- YES BANK made its maiden entry into the Forbes Global 2000 List of World’s Top Companies 2016. YES BANK was the youngest Indian Company on the Forbes 2000 List and also one of the youngest Banks in the World on this prestigious list.
- YES BANK was recognized among India’s Best BFSI Brands by Economic Times Best BFSI Brands 2016
- YES BANK received multiple awards at The Asian Banker Awards 2016:
- Best Trade Finance Bank in India
- Best Corporate Payments Project in India for API Banking implementation for Snapdeal, one of India’s leading e-commerce players
- YES BANK received the Best Bank (midsized) Award for Cyber Defence from RBI Governor Dr. Raghuram Rajan at the IDRBT Banking Technology Excellence Awards 2016
- Mr. Rana Kapoor, MD&CEO was felicitated by the London Business School (LBS) India Business Forum 2016 for Exemplary Contribution to Entrepreneurship & Innovation